Visit Tech Alliance
Digital Trust Hui Taumata/summit announced
Digital trust summit a call for action to address Aotearoa’s digital identity challenges.
The Digital Trust Hui Taumata/Summit will headline next year’s Techweek22 festival and provide an opportunity for a cross-section of stakeholders to share insights on building a thriving trust economy.
Scheduled for the 19th of May at TSB Auditorium, and with a one-day programme featuring keynote talks, panels, use cases and roundtable discussions, the Digital Trust Summit is a must-attend event for all those invested in the future of New Zealand’s digital ecosystem.
Personal data is the new currency of the digital economy. Used effectively, this data can deliver benefits for individuals, businesses and government. But as Aotearoa reaches its digital adolescence, pertinent questions remain:
- How will identity, security and experience integrate?
- How can citizens maintain sovereignty over their personal data?
- What underpins a successful transition toward open finance?
- How will Te Ao Māori be woven into Aotearoa’s Digital Identity?
- What are the global opportunities for New Zealand as a ‘trusted digital economy’?
The speed of our digital transformation and the benefits it delivers for society has much to do with trust. That is to say, declining trust in the way personal information is secured, validated and applied will prevent us from realising the collective economic benefits of digital. With an undoubtedly kiwi flavour, the Digital Trust Hui will seek to answer these questions and more with the help of local and international leaders.