Visit Tech Alliance
In December 2019, members elected the first Digital Identity NZ Executive Council. The Council is the governing group for the association; providing guidance and direction as we navigate the developing world of digital identity in Aotearoa. Each Council member is elected for a two-year term, with elections held annually and results notified at the Annual Meeting in December. So, as we approach the end of the year it is time for us to call for nominations for the Council seats coming up for re-election.
Executive Council Nominations
There is now an opportunity to put yourself forward or nominate someone else for a role on the Digital Identity NZ Executive Council. This year we have vacancies for the following positions:
- Corporate – Major (3 positions)
- Corporate – Other (3 positions)
- SME & Start-up (1 position)
The nominees for the above positions must be from a Digital Identity NZ member organisation and be from the same Digital Identity NZ Membership Group that they are to represent on the Executive Council. If you are unsure of your organisation’s membership category, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All nominations must be entered into the online form here by 5pm, Monday 6 November 2023
Digital Identity NZ Executive Council roles and responsibilities include:
- Direct and supervise the business and affairs of Digital Identity NZ
- Attend monthly Executive Council meetings, usually two hours in duration (video conferencing available)
- Represent Digital Identity NZ at industry events and as part of delegations
- Assist with managing and securing members of Digital Identity NZ
- Participate in Digital Identity NZ working groups and projects
- Where agreed by the Executive Council, act as a spokesperson for Digital Identity NZ on particular issues relating to working groups or projects
- Be a vocal advocate of Digital Identity NZ
Digital Identity: Meet the Candidate
Join us for this opportunity to hear from the nominees for the DINZ Executive Council. This virtual event will be held at 3pm on Thursday 9th November, 2023. You can register for the event here.
Please note this is a DINZ member only event.
Voting will take place online in advance of the meeting. The results will be announced at the Annual Meeting. Please see the Charter for an outline of Executive Council Membership and election process. Each organisation has one vote that is allocated to the primary contact of the member organisation.
Annual Meeting Details
The Annual Meeting is scheduled for 3.00pm on Thursday 7 December 2023 and is to be held via Zoom. Register for the event here.
Notices and Remits
If you wish to propose any notices or motions to be considered at the Annual Meeting, please send them to email@example.com by 5pm, Thursday 16 November 2023.
- Now: Call for Nominations for Executive Council representatives issued to Members
- 6 November: Deadline for nominations to be received
- 9 November: Save the date! Meet the candidate online event.
- 13 November: List of nominees to be issued to Digital Identity voting members and electronic voting commences
- 16 November: Any proposed notices, motions, or remits to be advised to Digital Identity NZ
- 7 December: Annual Meeting, results of online voting announced.
From the beginning we have asked that you consider electing a diverse group of members who reflect the diversity of the community we seek to support. We ask that you do so again this year. The power of that diversity continues to shine through in the new working groups this year, especially as we consider the importance of Te Tiriti, equity and inclusion in a well-functioning digital identity ecosystem.
The Council has identified a number of areas where diversity, as well as expertise in the digital identity space, might help us better serve the community. Nominations from those organisations involved in kaupapa Māori, civil liberties and business and service sectors are especially encouraged. We also encourage suggestions from young people within your organisations, as the viewpoint of young people is extremely essential and relevant to the work we perform. As an NZTech Association, Digital Identity NZ adopts its Board Diversity and Inclusion Policy which you can read here.
The deadline for nominations is 5pm on 06 November 2023.